Aged sherry vinegar adds terrific flavour to this salad — it’s a good vinegar to have in your repertoire. Find small bottles at the Italian Centre Shops.
- 6-12 small new potatoes
- 1-2 green onion, or garden chives, chopped fine (optional)
- 2 T extra-virgin olive oil
- 1-2 t sherry vinegar (or lemon juice if don’t have, but it won’t be the same)
- 2 bunches radishes, trimmed (about 20)
- 6 slices Parma or ibérico ham (thinly sliced)
Simmer potatoes in salted water gently until just tender, about 10 to 15 minutes. When cool enough to work with (but still warm), drain, add onion (if using), then dress in the oil and a splash of vinegar to taste. Split the radishes in half lengthwise, toss gently with the warm potatoes and place in a large bowl or platter. Arrange ham over and serve.